FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dining deals?
Thread: Dining deals?
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:41 am
dddc

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
For better restaurants, the Standard is really the only way to go. The others tend to focus on overpriced chains which factor the discount into their pricing.
Been talking to a few of my mates who've done the D&D deals and they've noticed as I had the portion sizes are smaller than when you dine there normally. I thought it was just my imagination but they confirmed it. Still a nice place to go and the service and food always good.

Not sure I agree with your view of OpenTable. Just did a search for Saturday night in Soho (4 hours time) and I get the likes of the Ivy, Yotam Ottolenghi's Nopi (well he has a few places so I guess that's a chain!!) and Ham Yard. Even when selecting the All Discount offers I don't see and TGIF, Planet Hollywoods etc.

My favourite is Mele e Pere. Regularly has a £20 3 course + glass of prosecco offer (end by 6.ish on a Friday/Saturday). Took a mate for the first time this week and he couldn't believe the quality for the money.

The Taste/Gourmet cards I find have so many restrictions on them that it's too hard and I can't be bothered with it.