Dining deals?

Old Aug 5, 2017, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Dining deals?

I often use deals on restaurants from Groupon , Gilt City,Travelzoo etc... so far the only site I can find for London is Wowcher- which is not very impressive.
Any tips?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 3:16 pm

vouchercodes.co.uk and myvouchercodes.co.uk always have plenty of deals for chains like Pizza Express, Prezzo etc. which you will find all over London.

Opentable.com (formerly TopTable) has many more specific restaurant deals, particularly set menus including at many high end places. You can book tables through the site too.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Silver
No use to the OP but for anyone else reading this who is coming to Glasgow (in particular) or Edinburgh Itison.com and 5pm.co.uk are good resources (the former a voucher site, the latter primarily a booking site).
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Groupon has good deals. Wowcher is OK. TimeOut has some decent deals. I buy them often and save a quite a bit here in London.

www.groupon.co.uk
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
All depends on when you visit, for example there is the Evening Standard D&D restaurant offer until early September here.

Also I use Open Table where you they have a feature to select "offers", like 50% off, 2-4-1 etc.

Don't expect too many real deals in the weeks before xmas and Valentines day of course! School holidays is another time depending.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by dddc
All depends on when you visit, for example there is the Evening Standard D&D restaurant offer until early September here.

Also I use Open Table where you they have a feature to select "offers", like 50% off, 2-4-1 etc.

Don't expect too many real deals in the weeks before xmas and Valentines day of course! School holidays is another time depending.
For better restaurants, the Standard is really the only way to go. The others tend to focus on overpriced chains which factor the discount into their pricing.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
https://www.tastecard.co.uk/
https://www.gourmetsociety.co.uk/

Both operated by the same company and offer similar deals, with the same, but not all, restaurants in each scheme. Mainly 2 for 1, though some straight discounts. Free trials always available, which you should be able to cycle with different email addresses.

I get mine free via work and maybe use it a couple of times a year due to max numbers and night (typically not Fri/Sat) restrictions only many places.

I think they work best for a couple dining out together midweek.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
https://www.dealzippy.co.uk/ attempts to bring all the daily deals sites together but probably misses some as well. But lots for London.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
For better restaurants, the Standard is really the only way to go. The others tend to focus on overpriced chains which factor the discount into their pricing.
Been talking to a few of my mates who've done the D&D deals and they've noticed as I had the portion sizes are smaller than when you dine there normally. I thought it was just my imagination but they confirmed it. Still a nice place to go and the service and food always good.

Not sure I agree with your view of OpenTable. Just did a search for Saturday night in Soho (4 hours time) and I get the likes of the Ivy, Yotam Ottolenghi's Nopi (well he has a few places so I guess that's a chain!!) and Ham Yard. Even when selecting the All Discount offers I don't see and TGIF, Planet Hollywoods etc.

My favourite is Mele e Pere. Regularly has a Ł20 3 course + glass of prosecco offer (end by 6.ish on a Friday/Saturday). Took a mate for the first time this week and he couldn't believe the quality for the money.

The Taste/Gourmet cards I find have so many restrictions on them that it's too hard and I can't be bothered with it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.