FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Polaris In-flight Experiences
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:49 am
jsn55

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 747FC
SFO-LHR and return in GF. I know it is not a PJ route, but will there be slippers? My search function gives inconsistent information, so I'd appreciate any recent experiences from people who have been on non-PJ routes. Thank you.
My long-anticipated Polaris flight SFO-London on Thursday was fabulous. It wasn't real Polaris, of course, but the seats on this ol' lady 747 were just fine; she's retiring in another month. Everything worked and I was very comfortable. I loved all the little changes in service, the chocolates especially. Flight crew was fabulous ... a smile and greeting every encounter. Enjoyed the food too ... didn't check out the mid-flight snacks 'cause I wasn't ever hungry. The first-class-only lounge at SFO was a nice surprise with excellent choices like noodle salad and sushi ... they poured Moet which I can't resist. Not at all crowded mid-morning, but much too stuffy as I usually find UA lounges. There wasn't a single thing I could complain about, contrary to my expectations. I booked this award when all the hoop-la started about Polaris and had been hoping for the real thing. Several months ago it became obvious that it wouldn't happen, so I was quite apprehensive about the flight. Needless worry, the whole experience was just plain great.