FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Legality of children alone in row?
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:09 pm
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CaptHolic
If this really was a big concern, you wouldn't be hearing all the complaints of airlines charging to ensure parents can sit even close to their kids.
To those who say "why risk it?"... It is simply a question of likelihood VS $$$... The chances are so small the airlines are quite happy to charge parents for the luxury of sitting with their little ones. I have 3 kids and they have flown all in one row many times. My wife and I prefer it.
BA ensure an under 12 year old sits next to an adult, so no need to pay.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ving-your-seat

To get the best choice of seats and make sure your family sits together, it’s best to reserve your seats in advance, for which you might have to pay.

If you don’t reserve your seats in advance, we’ll do our best to seat your family together a few days before your flight departs. However, the seat selection may be limited at that time and your seats may be split across different rows or the aisle. We will make sure each child under 12 years sits next to an adult from your booking but children over 12 years are booked as an adult in our system and may sit separately.

Seats are free when you travel with an infant, (under 2 years) who won't be travelling in a seat of their own. You can choose a seat for you and everyone in your booking, free of charge, as soon as you've made your booking (except for bookings of over 9 people).