FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Best Room Available incl. Standard Suites]
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:37 pm
rbw5t

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I've always found Hyatt very accommodating. Communication is the key. I usually phone or email the hotel, about a week before the stay. Explain that the room is in the name of (Person A), and the other guest in the room is a Globalist and "we were wondering how to make it easy for the nice people at your hotel, to make sure we get our earned Globalist benefits, with a minimum of fuss and bother".

Example: recently stayed a week at a Hyatt Centric. My (Explorist) wife needed 3 nights (for something, I forgot), so we used my Suite Upgrade for the whole week. We had two different reservations: 2 nights for me and 3 nights for her. No problem whatsoever. (In this case, I went by the hotel in person, a few weeks before the stay, to explain what was happening).

In another case, the room was entirely my spouse's stay but we got all the benefits because I was the second inmate, um, prisoner, um, captive, um (what do they call people in a room?) .. um ... GUEST in the reservation.
Great -- thanks CC! I'll just reach about by email a week or so before the stay. Good to know it can be done!