FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:58 am
Closingracer

Originally Posted by dwbf11
That was not what the OP asked. OP knows that Executive status is conferred after the final qualifying rental, the question is when it takes effect. Please try and read the question first before simply posting a reply, and if you're not sure of the answer, it is OK not to post a reply.

1. In your circumstances, yes, you should get credit for both rentals, because the first one is a one-way in. As a general rule, back-to-back rentals only earn credits either if (1) the first one is a one way, or (2) second rental occurs on a different day (i.e., dropoff is at 11:59PM Friday and the new reservation pickup is at 12:01AM Saturday). If both rentals were out of FLL, for example, under the circumstances you've presented, a renter would not earn two credits.

2. Anecdotal wisdom from reports on this site suggest it's usually by the next day, however, if you're looking for the upgrade to be applied immediately (i.e., you have another reservation you're picking up and you'd like to take advantage of the new status immediately), you can call the Emerald CS and they'll update the account over the phone.
I did answer the question..... It takes effect right after the rental