FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - was told to switch the room since somebody want to stay in my room
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:38 pm
Flying Lawyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
But, of course troytos, that's only relevant if you made the second reservation more or less on arrival at the hotel and not in advance, which you seem to imply but stop just short of saying. When did you make the first booking? When did you make the second? Instead of implying, why not just tell us clearly and completely all the relevant facts?

If you weren't gaming the system to get an upgrade to which you weren't entitled, why not just give us all the information instead of feeding it to us in dribs and drabs and only so much as required for whatever point you are trying to make at the moment?
It appears that the OP is now dragged in front of a self appointed Grand Jury. The style is pretty obvious and I normally only experience it when watching Judge Judy. Under the given set of facts it is with all due respect not relevant when he made the second reservation. All this speculation about "intentions" are irrelevant, too, obviously directed against the OP, but have nothing to do with the case:

He officially checked out and was then checked in again and did not simply - as some here would have done - stay in the room. The hotel decided to give him the same room again upon his second check-in and only later tried to correct that by throwing him out of that room. It appears possible that the OP was addressed as patronizing as he describes it. I was not present, I don't know. But ,certainly, it was possible. As possible as the attitude versus the OP in this thread. I am personally out, this will not move anyhow forward.