Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

was told to switch the room since somebody want to stay in my room

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

was told to switch the room since somebody want to stay in my room

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Ambassdor, Marriort Plat, IHG Spire, Hhonor Diamond, BW Diamond Select, LQ Elite, Hotels Gold
Angry was told to switch the room since somebody want to stay in my room

deleted

Last edited by troytos; Aug 14, 2017 at 9:39 pm
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
The appropriate response is to say "No. That is nonsense. Goodbye."
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Agreed. That is an absurd request for anyone to make, and even more absurd for anyone (hotel staff/management AND guest) to honor - unless there was a HUGE upgrade or full refund on offer.
troytos likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:30 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Did they at least move you to a better room?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Ambassdor, Marriort Plat, IHG Spire, Hhonor Diamond, BW Diamond Select, LQ Elite, Hotels Gold
deleted

Last edited by troytos; Aug 14, 2017 at 9:40 pm
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:14 pm

Sorry to hear that. That's ridiculous and you should ask for extra points for that.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Another possibility is "well, I want the presidential suite for free, so one of us will go home disappointed."
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by troytos
Has anybody have the same experience? I'm SPG Platinum 75 and stay at SHERATON OMAHA. In the middle of my stay. I got a call from front desk telling me that somebody wants to stay in my room so I have to move you to another room. It's so frustrating since I have to pack my back and unpack it again. I just called SPG and let the SPG rep know. She said she will file a complaint for this matter and they will reach back to me in 5 days.

thank for letting me vent.
There is absolutely no way I would've moved unless they gave me something. No shot. A suite upgrade and points. Although I may have been so pissed at the request I may not have moved just out of spite. I have to pack and unpack... why? I'm already in this room! No shot. Did you just accept the move as a matter of course?
mhdena likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
I've stayed at that property many times and have always had excellent service and excellent Plat recognition. This sounds unusual. I could only see this happening at that property for something really important like:

a) an Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) requirement, or
b) you extended your original stay and the room was blocked in the middle of your stay because of a request
c) your room is a connecting room to a suite and they sold both rooms
d) your room is a connecting room and the arriving guest is traveling as part of a group where a requirement for connecting rooms is a safety/security issue (ie. traveling with small children)

In all those cases, I would think that the staff at the property should provide you with an explanation and/or an apology and/or a gesture of goodwill.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
I wonder if this has ever happened to me before.

The first thing I do upon entering a hotel room is unplug the phone. Nobody knows where we are staying, and anyone worth talking to has our cell #s . I'm sure this has frustrated alot of timeshare sales folks.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

deleted

Last edited by troytos; Aug 14, 2017 at 9:39 pm
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

What can I do? I called front desk 3 times and the answer I got was somebody booked that room.
How can someone book "that" room? Makes zero sense.

The hotel screwed up, assuming they assigned you that room and you didn't overstay your original reservation. They need to fix it to your satisfaction.

A sincere apology and enough points for a free night or a comped night would probably go a fair ways toward satisfying me.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
What can I do?
Just say no.

I called front desk 3 times and the answer I got was somebody booked that room.
Yes, you did.

How can someone book "that" room? Makes zero sense.
The hotel is hiding something.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

talk to manager on duty / general manager

could be someone they value, good hotels will compensate guests when that happens, best hotels mostly allow existing reservation/guest to choose

could be mistake and mishandled by entry level employees
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Don't talk to anybody, let them come and speak with you. Politely but firmly say "no," but I'm happy to speak with the Manager if she wants to come up and do so. Then say goodbye and hang up.

There are all kinds of explanations for this, some of them above. But, rather than speculating, let the Manager explain why it is necessary and how she will make it all right.

Remember, that once you move, you are simply whining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.