FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - was told to switch the room since somebody want to stay in my room
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:14 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by clublounger
Flyertalk was founded in order to teach people HOW TO GAME THE SYSTEM.

All this judgement of the OP "gaming the system" is completely laughable and pathetic.

Unfortunately, the gaming became a lot harder once actual names were attached to flyertalk handles. And flyertalk became a whole lot less useful.
I don't think that what we are seeing here is outrage over someone gaming the system.

I think the judgment comes from the way the OP originally presented his story - that he was outraged because he was forced to move out of his suite mid-stay (with no mention of the back-to-back res or the half-stay SNA), and how wronged he was and boo hoo, don't I deserve compensation for this horrible injustice meted out to poor me. And it is all because I am Asian that this big, bad, racist hotel did this. I demand COMPENSATION and I want heads to roll.

Everyone here acknowledges that the FDC made a mistake by saying he could stay in his (gamed) suite. But once the real story dribbled out, any sympathy a lot of us had for him evaporated pretty quickly. His attitude on being caught out and the boasting about his 'method' to beat the system just compounded the piling on.

So no, I don't think it is judgment about someone walking that fine line a lot of members here walk to get the best flights, seats, room, whatever, that we can. I think it is the way the whole thing was presented as if he was totally innocent, did absolutely nothing to contribute to what happened and that he deserved some big service recovery because he is 'ROYALTY' and they screwed up when the reality is a lot different than originally presented. And the fact that he bullied his way into keeping that gamed suite that he was never entitled to by demanding and yelling and pulling out the royalty card.

Last edited by Finkface; Aug 14, 2017 at 10:20 pm