FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Daughter flying J Intl - Birthday in air - Will DL honor birthday requests?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:10 pm
GagaPilot

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Task Force DL
Hi Folks,

My daughter and I will be flying JFK-BRU on Sep 3 (redeye of course). My 7 year old will turn 8 in the air. I want to do something special for her since we are traveling on her birthday. She loves airplanes and traveling and has already had the "cockpit tour" before. So, I was thinking:

1) See if the captain would take her on the "walk around" outside the aircraft (I doubt that this is possible)

2) See if the FAs would show her the super secret crew rest area of the plane

3) Worst case, have the FAs put an LED birthday cake (provided by me) on her breakfast before we land.

I am very conscious of the fact that this is a redeye flight...

Any ideas? I want to make this special for my travel buddy since I am now a single parent and love to make a big deal out of birthdays.

Last question - Any suggestions on who to contact at DL about these requests?

TFD
I'd say the most likely outcome for this would be your option #3 - putting the LED birthday cake on her tray for breakfast time. I feel confident the FA would be happy to oblige and if you have a great crew, will definitely make it a special occasion.

Depending on the crew #2 might be possible to see the rest area. It's about the same likelihood of a cockpit tour.

#1 going on the walk round - There is a ZERO % chance of that happening. Talk about major security violations. (I'm an airline pilot, so trust me, I know). Don't even ask as that will raise security questions and possibly a delay.

Happy birthday to your daughter! I'd ask the lead FA/Purser regarding the birthday cake idea and go from there once onboard.