FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to optimize one day visit to Tokyo Disneyland (late Sept)
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:02 pm
The _Banking_Scot
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
Thanks TBS. That's great that you were in walking distance to TDL. Looks like the Hilton Tokyo Bay is walkable to TDL, but Google Maps shows a 27 minute walk vs. a 7 minute walk to the Bayside monorail station. Definitely no road going from the Hilton to Tokyo DisneySea that I noticed.

What's the best strategy for getting to rope drop from the Hilton? Anyone know if Hilton has a separate shuttle and/or how early the monorail begins operating? Sounds like for my Tokyo DisneySea day, I should arrive an hour before opening. I don't give a damn about Toy Story Mania--super fun ride at DHS, but I'm starting to create a fastpass strategy for what's of interest to me and what's unique at TDS.
Hi moretimeoffguy,

Apologies as I did not make myself 100% clear. I stayed at the Hilton Tokyo bay and it took me around 10-15mins to walk to Tokyo Disneyland . I looked at Google maps and the route it chose ( 27mins) is the long way round.
The route I ( and everyone else took is);
Out of the hotel lobby and walk towards Bayside station but instead of going into the station walk round to the left outside the station and you will see a fence and a sign pointing to Tokyo Disneyland ( you are walking at the edge of a car park but it was mostly quiet when I was there and is safe. You will be walking to towards space mountain. At the end of the car park, turn left ( following the signs and after a few minutes you will cross the traffic lanes ( they do have traffic guards) and then onto a dedicated pathway to TDL.
Total time form the Hilton tokyo bay lobby was around 10mins at a reasonable pace.
The google maps route takes you along the sea wall of the bay past all the hotels and round Tokyo Disneyland before getting to TDL and is a very long route.
Apologies if I did not make that clear in my original reply.

Regards

TBS