Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

How to optimize one day visit to Tokyo Disneyland (late Sept)

How to optimize one day visit to Tokyo Disneyland (late Sept)

Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Steve and Aventine.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Any advantage to purchase TDR theme park tickets online vs. in Japan?

Are there any advantages or differences to purchasing TDR theme park tickets online vs. in Japan? One YT video we watched even suggested you could purchase TDR tickets in convenience stores like 7-11.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
Are there any advantages or differences to purchasing TDR theme park tickets online vs. in Japan? One YT video we watched even suggested you could purchase TDR tickets in convenience stores like 7-11.
I don't know if there is a price advantage, but one thing to know about TDR tickets is that tickets are valid for only the specific dates and parks selected at the time of purchase. TDR theme parks do sell out on peak days, which is why all tickets are date-specific and park-specific.

TDR tolerance for crowds is higher than US parks, so if it is a sell-out day at TDR, I don't want to be there!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnbp
I don't know if there is a price advantage, but one thing to know about TDR tickets is that tickets are valid for only the specific dates and parks selected at the time of purchase. TDR theme parks do sell out on peak days, which is why all tickets are date-specific and park-specific.

TDR tolerance for crowds is higher than US parks, so if it is a sell-out day at TDR, I don't want to be there!
Thanks mnbp. I better buy sooner than later then--will be at TDR night of 9/28, 9/29, and morning of 9/30. Thinking of buying a three day pass so the morning of 9/30 becomes a "Park Hopper." Although I wonder about just getting an After 6pm ticket for 9/28, a regular ticket for TDS our full disney day of 9/29, then a TDL ticket for morning of 9/30.

So how does online ticket purchase work from the U.S. work vs. purchasing from a convenience store in Japan. Is there a Will Call desk like in the U.S.?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:41 am

Thanks mnbp. I better buy sooner than later then--will be at TDR night of 9/28, 9/29, and morning of 9/30. Thinking of buying a three day pass so the morning of 9/30 becomes a "Park Hopper." Although I wonder about just getting an After 6pm ticket for 9/28, a regular ticket for TDS our full disney day of 9/29, then a TDL ticket for morning of 9/30.

So how does online ticket purchase work from the U.S. work vs. purchasing from a convenience store in Japan. Is there a Will Call desk like in the U.S.?
Based on the Park Operating Calendar, and specifically, the absence of the "P" icon for any of your dates, I would say you've picked a relatively quiet weekend to visit TDS and TDL. Compare your dates on the operating calendar with every weekend in October to see what I mean.
P: denotes day when Guest parking and surrounding roads are expected to be highly congested.
Sorry, I don't have experience purchasing tickets online via TDR's web site or from a convenience store, and can't speak to how will-call works. I've purchased tickets at HTB (cash only) and at the gate (cash or any major international credit card accepted). If you speak Japanese (even a little), go ahead and try will-call or convenience store, but if not, I suggest just purchasing tickets at the gate - that ALWAYS works (and is easy)! Just get to the theme park gate about 60-80 minutes in advance of park open time on the first day to purchase tickets and get towards the front of the queue for admission, unless you decide to get the after-6 the first day, in which case you'd want to get to the gate maybe 45 minutes in advance to buy the tickets and then join the after-6-entry queue. You'd be able to buy all the tickets you need with just one visit to the ticket booth.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Sorry, I don't have experience purchasing tickets online via TDR's web site or from a convenience store, and can't speak to how will-call works. I've purchased tickets at HTB (cash only) and at the gate (cash or any major international credit card accepted). If you speak Japanese (even a little), go ahead and try will-call or convenience store, but if not, I suggest just purchasing tickets at the gate - that ALWAYS works (and is easy)! Just get to the theme park gate about 60-80 minutes in advance of park open time on the first day to purchase tickets and get towards the front of the queue for admission, unless you decide to get the after-6 the first day, in which case you'd want to get to the gate maybe 45 minutes in advance to buy the tickets and then join the after-6-entry queue. You'd be able to buy all the tickets you need with just one visit to the ticket booth.
Thanks again mnbp. Our first day of TDR is looking like it will be some time around mid-day, Thu 9/27. Imagine there would be long lines for tickets. The weather looks like all rain in Kyoto (sadly), so we'll be arriving at TDR earlier than expected. Actually, it would have been evening had we not omitted Kyoto due to rain. Some on the forums have advised against even an overnight in Kyoto just due to the sheer scope and scale of sites. I sure don't want to be stuck in the rain trying to get all over Kyoto to see my Top 5 or 6 sights.

We've got until late tomorrow night U.S. time (Sat) to decide whether or not to keep the Wed Kyoto night or cancel and use a Wed Tokyo Prince Sakura night we just booked on points as a placeholder--over in Shinigawa Station. Our first two nights in Tokyo will be at the IC Strings on the other side of Shinigawa Station, so shouldn't be too much of a hassle to switch hotels (yes though, I realize the Station is huge).

Glad the crowd expectations are low; except that Sat morning for 9/30 looks high! At least we'll be there for rope-drop on that day at whichever park we decide is our "park hopper" should we decide to buy the three day pass--vs. After 6pm for Thu, then individual tix for Fri and Sat.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:01 pm

Thanks again mnbp. Our first day of TDR is looking like it will be some time around mid-day, Thu 9/27. Imagine there would be long lines for tickets.
Mid day, ticket sales lines are not long in my experience. You could purchase your tickets mid-day, and then the afternoon exploring Ikspiari and the Disneyland Hotel and Miracosta Hotel lobbies, which are quite ornate and detailed. And then, enjoy the evening at the park (if you decided on after-6 for the first day).
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Mid day, ticket sales lines are not long in my experience. You could purchase your tickets mid-day, and then the afternoon exploring Ikspiari and the Disneyland Hotel and Miracosta Hotel lobbies, which are quite ornate and detailed. And then, enjoy the evening at the park (if you decided on after-6 for the first day).
Great ideas, thanks! We love "resort hopping" at the Deluxe resorts in WDW. Would especially love it if the hotels, like at least TDL, will be decorated for Halloween.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:09 pm

Great ideas, thanks! We love "resort hopping" at the Deluxe resorts in WDW. Would especially love it if the hotels, like at least TDL, will be decorated for Halloween.
Disney Resort Line

You'll also want to buy passes for the monorail covering the days of your visit. Available at any monorail station. Suica is accepted as well for single journeys, but for multiple journeys per day (such as checking out resort hotels), passes generally are a better value (and the passes themselves are souvenirs).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.