FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Laylow, Autograph Collection -- Honolulu/Waikiki, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:16 pm
milesmutt

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Mid-Tier, Marriott PP/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by sutho
So I know some of you have your backs up about this hotel,
But I just completed ​​​my stay here and I thought the hotel was great.

​​​​​​I stay about 80 nights a year at the various Marriott brands, so not a newbie on hotels.

Got upgraded ​​​as a platinum to a corner suite, which had two balconies and a cool breakfast nook area, enough room for 2 adults and 3 children.

I thought ​​​​​​the $30 a day to be used on anything is a nice touch, some days we used it for alcohol, other days for breakfast.

Also didn​​​t get charged the $25 a day 'resort fee' (or whatever they called it), although I was staying on a 7 day travel package.

Every ​​staff member was very accommodating and helpful.

I also ​​​​​​like the modern retro feel of the hotel.

Remember, this hotel is only 4 months in operation, and it looks like they have been listening to some of the complaints, although I'm sure there still needs to be some more minor changes.

The location​​​​ of the hotel suited us as well, next door to international marketplace, and also cheap great food at the udon place across the road.
That's great to hear, and thanks for the info.

I'm contemplating a 7-night stay here (hotel/air package as well) in February and was going to compare it to the FS Marriott there.

Anything but that dump of a Courtyard nearby has got to be better.