FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA won't/can't put GSA # on tickets-- Help please
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:52 pm
zrs70
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by alpenrose
Hello all:

We have been having a problem with UA. My DH has top level security clearance with the D of D and he also has a Global Security. I have twice had to call UA to make sure the GS # is on his passenger profile. I think someone has finally gotten it to stick to his record. However, here is the problem: because his tickets are usually purchased by other groups and I have not given them his GS # the first ticket issued does not show his GS #--THUS he can't use his GS privileges when going through airport security. He has been told several times "if the number is not on your ticket you cannot use the GS privilege". WTH is that all about? Anyway, to make matters worse I have called UA multiple times hooked up with live agents in the Phillipines and in FL. They both have promised me they would re-issue the ticket and email to me with the GS # on the ticket. I have done this for the last three trips and all three trips, I have asked several times to have the # put on his tickets. Each time, the agent has told me "not to worry, I am re-sending the correct ticket--it will show up with 20 minutes" or in the last instance "within 24 hours". The agents are clearly lying to me. Why won't UA re-issue the corrected ticket with the GS # on it?
What can I do to make this happen? Thank you for your help!
I've read this twice and don't really understand. Can you give me the cliff notes version!?

Is it that his UA FF number and GS status aren't showing up in the record?