FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - updated information about new J seats deployments and other information
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:31 pm
bennos

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by SDQBound
- By 2020 we will have too many different J products: NEV3/NEV4 - BEST - Stelia Equinox - Zodiac Optima. While I understand that every airplane's CASM as well as other revenue factors are different, having such an inconsistent J product (and especially on market with different types of equipment) will not be appreciated by many customers.
I'm not sure how big of an issue that really is. DL already operates this way... The 757s, 767s, 777s, A330s, and A350s all have different seat types, with only the soon to be retired 747s sharing with the A330. As long as it's lie flat with direct aisle access, I suspect most people are reasonably satisfied. (Each seat type has its own pros and cons of course, I'm just speaking in the aggregate.)

I'd be more worried about the AF A330 going 2-2-2 as a product inconsistency (along with the very lengthy timeframe to do the mods).