FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with travel logistics
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:18 pm
starscream1

Help with travel logistics

Hello all, this is my first post because i need some help

I am based in hong kong

I will be travelling to Bali with Hong Kong Airlines tomorrow, and returning Sunday 20th August at 23:15 on flight HX 706.

I want to take a Cathay Pacific flight (CX 524) 1am departing Hong Kong to Tokyo on the morning of Monday 21st August (1 hour 45 mins later)

My question is - would I have enough time to disembark the arriving flight and make it to the departure gate.

Some additional details in case it helps:

There is no partnership or anything between these airlines.
I will not have any checked luggage
I will already do online checkin and have my boarding pass printed for the Cathay Flight

I dont know if I would be allowed to go straight from arrival gate to departure gate, or would i have to go through immigration?

The travel agent said minimum recommended time is 2 hours and i only have 1:45 - but i feel that this assumes i have luggage to collect and re-check, which i do not.... so i feel 1:45 might be enough? especially as Hong kong is a very efficient airport with smart card immigration

The flight has a very poor track record of being on time - but lets just ignore this for now. I am going to assume it arrives on time...

would welcome any experienced opinions on how this would work