FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation for no special meals on CE domestic out of LCY?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:26 am
albpenny

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by ukgooner
What special meal is in your profile?

Have you gone into MMB to specifically select a meal choice?

Do you know if this is one that is offered by CitiFlyer?

I ask these questions as I used to have SFM in my profile - but it wasn't offered on all routes / cabins. Sometimes it would appear, and sometimes not. (SFM isn't offered at all now!).

I think the only way to be certain you will get a special meal is to do so under MMB and make a choice from the ones offered. Not just rely on your profile.
it's just a bog standard veggie meal, so nothing very special! Yes it's offered by Citiflyer, I've had it before no problems, most recently from LCY in CE domestic in April (and very nice it was too, hence why i deliberately booked my most recent flights to/from LCY).

Since CE was introduced on domestic, BA has removed the meal options from MMB for flights to/from LCY, so it's not possible to choose it, so I have to rely on my profile and calls to BAEC (to no avail). From what I've read on FT, it's a glitch (of sorts) as the meals are available, it's just that passengers depend on someone behind the scenes manually picking up on the SPML as it's not automatic detected. and for the past 5 flights, it hasn't been picked up.