FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 AA Award: Cathay Pacific / CX, KA availability, etc. (master thd)
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:42 am
aviationwiz

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
For those of you that have booked CX awards using AA miles in the past - how long does it typically take for reservations to be ticketed?

I booked 1.5 weeks ago, and after a few days got an email to give them a call. The first agent apparently forgot to add my middle name to the pnr, so I got that sorted out. I then called back a few days after that to attempt to change the date, and that agent said that something was messed up (but didn't say what) and it wouldn't be ticketed, so they put it back in to the ticketing queue, after not being able to see the availability for the date I wanted to change to. I called the AAdvantage desk in Australia, and they were able to see the new availability, but couldn't change the date as it was in the queue to be ticketed.

Just curious how long I can expect this process to take, or if there's any way around it? I most recently spoke to them 3 days ago.