FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:26 am
cyberon

Originally Posted by terbangalways
Hey folks,

Is the breakfast on Exec lounge better than the main restaurant?
Also what about the tea time desserts or evening canapés?
There's 1 or 2 premium items (Blueberries/raspberries and cured salmon) that you only get in the exec lounge that you won't get in the main restaurant, which is obviously done for cost cutting purposes. I call it my 5 star hotel 'berry' test. Grand Hyatt HK do similar, there's no berries in the main restaurant, but the exec lounge has them.

The main restaurant whilst having more variety (overall I would give it 6/10. UK Conrad I'd give 4/10), I found the quality of dim sum to be poor (esp the dumplings), filled with cheap ingredients, but looking very good.

The hot chinese stir fried items are ok (like noodles, and stir fried vege).

So my advice would be (if you are diamond) go to the main restaurant, fill up on some eggs, chinese stir fried items, then go up to the lounge and fill up on berries and salmon.

Tea time desserts in the exec lounge last time I went there were small chocolate dipped strawberries, cheese and fruit tarts and sandwiches. My favourites were the chocolate dipped strawberries and fruit tarts.

Evening cocktails there was congee, samosas, cakes, baked tomato tart (basically cheese stuffed in half a tomato and baked), pan fried polenta cake, meatloaf and mustard. Guacamole and corn chips. Nothing too fancy.

You should order the watermelon juice from the lounge, it's complimentary and not advertised.

Last edited by cyberon; Aug 7, 2017 at 1:34 am