FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok 777 refurb
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:16 am
South London Bon Viveur

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
I just amended my next BKK-LHR to go via Hong Kong for this reason. The BKK departure time means I would have to either leave work early on Friday or fly the next day but if I go via HK I can connect onto the A380 service just before midnight and be home a clear 12 hours before the Bangkok flight arrives the next day.

Also, not sure if it matters so much in Club but presumably the A380 CW is either the same as or better than the 777-200 CW used on the Bangkok route?
I'd say it's better because it is a newer aircraft and a better IFE system. That said, one problem that I have with the 380 is that J is very big, and I get the impression the crew can be a bit rushed- you certainly don't get much "personalised" service, although as with all things BA, there is inconsistency, with some crews much better than others. For me, not that much of a problem- both HKG sectors are night flights where I want to sleep- but it might be a bit disappointing if you are viewing this as a treat. However it doesn't sound as though you are.