FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:21 pm
TexasRoadWarrior

Programs: Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA Silver
Filed BRG for Hampton Inn- Addison, TX on Saturday, July 29th. Received no reply and called 48hrs later on Monday. CSR said that it was still in processing and it was "extremely rare" for processing to exceed 24 hours. 24 hours later, still no reply, called on Tuesday, 8/1, 72 hours after filing. Representative put me on hold for twenty minutes, came back, and said that claim would be denied because the room I booked on the Hilton website, "Standard King with Walk In Shower" was not the same as the room offered at a lower price on Priceline, "Standard King." I said, "I've stayed at this property before and all of the standard rooms have walk in showers." She said, "It must match the room type exactly." I said, "The room type is a Standard King, they match." She said, "No sir, it must match the bath and all other amenities as well."

Worst BRG in the industry. Why bother offering a BRG if they're just going to sit on the reservation for days and days and then deny it on the type of bathroom that is in ALL standard rooms. It even says "walk in shower" in the room description on Priceline. Awful way to treat folks (I spend 100+ business-paid nights a year at Hilton Properties). Garbage BRG.