FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Air Canada Amenity Kit Compendium Master Thread and Wiki
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:26 am
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Cool The Air Canada Amenity Kit Compendium Master Thread and Wiki

The Air Canada Amenity Kit Compendium Master Thread and Wiki

Over the (many) years, I have saved my unused AC amenity kits for non-status family and friends who fly in Y. They find some use in them so I give them kits whenever I leave mine unused on a flight.

Recently, I found a stash of unused, unopened ones that possibly date as far back as 2003. I have opened several them, took several pictures and detailed notes, particularly for this forum's posterity, reminiscing, comparisons, etc.

I also have many of the same kit, and they are just piled up and taking lots of space. I intend to "ransack" them for anything I find useful (i.e. socks, earplugs, toothbrush, shoehorn, cotton towelette (came as dry), etc.) and then throw away the rest once I am done documenting everything.

Who knows, I might give away some of the unopened historical kits here to those who have interest in collecting them or whatever. But I will decide that at a later time.

I then did some searching of historical threads here regarding amenity kits, which are scattered and intermittent and often without pictures; just vague descriptions. As such, I thought it would nice to put all info for all past and current amenity kits all in one thread with pictures and descriptions.

I will also need the crowd here to assist on dating some of the kits that I post in the wiki.

I will try to give it a product line name where it is apparent, and then apply a start year for the kit.

I will need some time to build the wiki as I have at least 12 to 15 different versions of kits, so I will be the "Master Wiki-er" for the time being; at least until I have completed my entire listing of kits.

Those who have information to add, I ask that you respond as a post for now and I will include such information into the wiki, where applicable and legitimate.