FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oceania the long way and 787 Tour | SEA-SFO-SYD-AKL-NRT-SEA | UA/NZ/NH J
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:53 am
Taipei

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
[QUOTE=bj27;28610469]Ziplining, Wine Tasting, Olive Oil Tasting on Waiheke Island

Booking

I had furiously booked a day tour for my only full day in Auckland the day before while on the SkyBus from the airport after I realized I didn't have any solid plans, and I should get out to see the sights rather than spend the day in Auckland.

Very nice trip report ! I flew Melbourne- AKL then AKL to HND (Tokyo-Haneda) on Air NZ last week (seems a week after you!), and hope you had as nice trip as I did on the AKL to Japan flight in Business Class. Air New Zealand is nice, but the Qantas flights into AU I think a like better for the better business seats on the A330's (Domestic as well International), and although both are friendly I found on the Qantas flights that chat more to me, and everyone it seems. On this trip it was CTS-HND/NRT-BNE-Perth-Sydney (All on Qantas) then drive to Newcastle to MEL (Virgin-AU). I stayed in the Hilton in Sydney as well AKL and Perth, all were good but a kinda like the Marriott in SYD better for location to the Harbor (and to the offices I visited there , but Hilton has a better lounge). The AKL buffet looks good but expensive, I did have some good food around the AKL Hilton on the harborside, but I still for me Melbourne has best food culture so flying in from MEL made us feel food was not good as hoped for in New Zealand(a bit more expensive than I thought).