FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:23 am
on22cz

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Their website in the Plat page says "You and your travel companion will receive a free drink and a newspaper when flying in Finnair Economy Class", it doesn't explicitly say one beverage per person. Let's say someone orders a gin & tonic, they will be handed two containers of free liquid. As some FA's like to provide more than one serving, it makes me think there is no official policy.
I agree that "a drink" means "one drink", but it certainly doesn't say it has to be 1 bottle - as they offer cocktails in the Sky Bistro menu, I have never had a problem getting one Sisu, despite usually receiving it in a Do It Yourself way, so in fact having an opportunity to enjoy one alcoholic and one non-alcoholic drink (if I wanted...). I think I've only been offered an extra serving in a maximum of 3 times, and that happened in autumn 2016. So far the whole 2017 has been a strict one serving year (and well, last 3 months were dry due to waiting for getting back to Emerald, but that's another story).