FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bank of America Reconsideration?
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:01 am
RobertHanson

Originally Posted by gnomey
Thanks. But I shoud be calling recon within first 30 days of app, and not within first 90 days , right ?

Can't remember this part
Well, yes, you don't want to call so long after the app that they decide they need to pull your credit report again. And after 30 days they probably would need to do that.

But why wait so long?

I meant more like call the same day. Some people call later in the day to get a different shift of CSRs and Supervisors. Some people just wait a minute or so to be sure the CSR they just talked to is busy with a new call, then call right back. By the way, don't do this with Barclays, as they keep a log of your calls, and doing this will just tick them off. But Citi doesn't seem to do that, and the new CSR won't know you just called a different one a minute ago.

Another tip is if you get a CSR who seems grumpy/surly, just say "I've got a call on the other line, I'll have to call you back", and hang up. Wait a minute or so, and call again to get someone who seems more likely to be helpful. Recon is as much of an art as a science, and some CSRs are much more likely to approve you than others.