FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:37 am
alanslegal

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by myko85
If price is NOT an issue, which hotel is better? The St. Regis or the SGS? Any feedback from people that have stayed at both hotels would be appreciated
We stayed at the St Regis and SGS back to back earlier this year;

At the St Regis, we had some minor service delivery faults (example, at the restaurant where they refused to give me some cut fruit from the fridge and at the lobby where they thought I was there just take photos) but our butler did an excellent job during our stay! The rooms and common areas is modern luxury and this to me, is enough to beat the SGS any day.

The SGS has an excellent soft product, all the staff are friendly and say hello - nobody tries to pretend that they did not see you. The breakfast is slightly better at the SGS but at either properties, the spread is still quite good unless you gorge a late breakfast and hope to make it to an early dinner The rooms however are a bit old looking, definitely has an old feeling and I felt old staying there. I will unlikely be staying at the SGS for about two decades decades from ow purely because of the older feeling. There are many modern choices in Bangkok where I would be tempted to stay at the Sofitel Sukhumvit without status before the SGS with status.