FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]
Old Jul 27, 2017, 1:15 am
Steve_Hun

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
The free drink platinum benefit is advertised as:

You and your travel companion will receive a free drink and a newspaper when flying in Finnair Economy Class.

I've had a number of flights where we were two on the booking and indeed both of us got NF and a paper. Any experience on "how far" one can go with the number of travel companions, or is this strictly a "+1" benefit, like the lounge access. Of course I'm not expecting that in case of a group booking everyone would get a champagne, but on my next flight we'll be three of us on one booking.

Any experience?
To report back on my experience with this...

Earlier this month I had a HEL-BUD-HEL trip. We were travelling as a party of 3 (1 plat, 1 gold and a silver, so we would have just needed a basic to cover the whole spectrum ).

On the HEL-BUD flight when asked for 3 champagne, the FA was first hesitant (she was for sure still new, as she was getting "directions" from her colleague), so she asked if she can give out 3 bottles. Her colleague at the end replied to "usually it is for 2 ppl, but you can decide". So we all got champagne.

On the BUD-HEL segment 10 days later, the FA was a lot firmer. He said that only Plat +1, so if we want a third one, we have to pay for that. He also mentioned, that it would be different for a family, where 2 adults could get the champagne, and kids would get soft drinks / juice.