FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK IST-MIA using United miles
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:21 am
aSiAnRiCk

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Hello everyone, I'd like to update this post with my experience should you come across this issue in the future.

We arrived in TLV airport on a separate Turkish Airlines TLV-IST, paid for using Chase UR miles. I asked the agent if she can checked-thru our luggage to our IST-MIA flight. I showed her the confirmation for the second segment. She said no problem.

I also asked for exit row seats for both flights which was granted at no additional charge.

She asked to look at our carry-ons and said only one carry-on per person is allowed. I told her the backpack is a personal item and the rollaboard is our carry-on. She responded that "the flight is full" and offered to check our rollaboard at no additional charge.

Considering we had separate itinerary and that the allowance for TLV-IST is only one check-in luggage at 20kg while IST-MIA is two luggage at 23kg each, we're grateful of this offer.

The flight experience was good as we enjoyed the meals, seats were comfortable and the in-flight service was good. We had a young male FA as our attendant and he's only been with TK for two years.