FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:42 am
Ukki

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Platinum recognition on AY is sometimes weird. On my recent flight, a FA said "Sä varmaan haluut lehden" (in English something like "I bet you want a paper") and handed a tabloid, Ilta-Sanomat, without any choise.

Is it so difficult to say: Welcome aboard, good to see you back. Would you like something to read?

The soft perk of free newspapers has been running already quite a long time. Still it appears not to be handled appropriately. Today I was on AY754 in Y, with my better half. No recognition at all. When the newspapers came to our row 8, I asked for IS. "It is 3 euros". I replied something like "... I am plat". "It is 3 euros". "Really? I think it is free for plat customers". "Are you plat? Sorry, I do not have the list on my hand. Here it comes. Any newspapers for the lady?". Soon after she came with two bottles of champagne. "Please have here some champagne for you both". For us as Fanta-only, this compensation trial did not work very well...