FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Making Reservation with cuise line; Passing to TA
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:55 am
747FC

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by 747FC
All my cruising history has had me booking directly with the cruise line. From many of you, I have learned that there can be significant financial benefits from booking with the right TA.

I have a multi-part question here, and would appreciate all of your learned advice:

Situation

I have a 5% future cruise discount (FCD) on Seabourn, and yesterday I initiated a reservation (I placed it on hold). I have a few days to make my first down payment, and apply the FCD.

1. Can I get this FCD as well as transfer the reservation to some great TA, who would also provide a significant benefit?

2. What kind of benefit might be expected in this case?

3. How long might I have to make this transfer to the TA?

4. Any recommendations for a TA?

Many thanks!
OP here. I'm about to leave on my first TA-mediated cruise. So far, it has been a very good experience, so I'll wrap this up by answering my own questions:

1. Can I get this FCD as well as transfer the reservation to some great TA, who would also provide a significant benefit? Yes

2. What kind of benefit might be expected in this case? Got a 10% cash rebate off the cruiseline price

3. How long might I have to make this transfer to the TA? No impediment for me

4. Any recommendations for a TA? See Randyk47's referral upthread. Thanks to him for making it!