FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BOB £2.30 for some hot water !!
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:00 pm
nallison
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I think your statement illustrates what nallison says: you don't think you're in a camp because you sometimes criticise ba but many of those you see as the anti-ba bullies see you as part of the 'white knights' in the same way that I certainly don't see myself as 'anti-ba' and have defended them on many threads but no doubt many think I'm decidedly a ba critic of the worst kind.

in other words, there is no prize for all feeling that we specifically (and the people we agree with) are in fact nuanced and balanced whilst only 'others' are bigoted and have an agenda especially if you feel only one 'camp' does.
Thank you, that's exactly what I meant

I fully admit my posts tend to be on the more critical side. And plenty of regular posters could be identified as more sympathetic or not in general. Nothing wrong with that.

What can be frustrating is when some who do tend do take a particular line whatever the circumstances, act rather indignantly when anyone points it out, while at the same they go round accusing others whose opinion isn't in line with their own of 'having an agenda' or such like.

Your second paragraph nails it, basically everyone thinks they are the balanced rational ones, and see others through that prism. I'm sure I'm guilty of it, everyone should perhaps occasionally ask themselves if they are really just the mirror of the people they condemn