FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BOB £2.30 for some hot water !!
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:54 am
nallison
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
You see I don't think that has played out in this thread. There have been some names who never say anything good about BA, yes, however I do not see any 'white knights' in this thread. In my case, for instance, many of my posts have been critical of BA, just not in this thread.

It is more the case, in my experience, that anyone who 'dares' to take a contrary view to the anti-BA gang are mocked and bullied - as in fact has happened in this thread. Really rather pathetic, imo.
This is the trouble, everyone only sees things from their own perspective. In balance, I would say there are similar numbers on both sides, but those generally more loyal only notice those who are more critical, and vice versa. It's simple human nature, you will notice more that which offends you and you take exception to. You probably don't notice many of the 'white-knights' because you tend to agree and skim over them. There are certainly plenty of threads where someone with a legitimate complaint is ganged up on and put down/ridiculed and told they only had themselves to blame. This often happens to a new member which makes it even more ugly.

It's like the right wing always complaining the BBC is too left wing, the left wing complaining it is a mouthpiece for government, in truth it is probably in the middle.