FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BOB £2.30 for some hot water !!
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:06 am
Dave_C

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I'm trying to figure out if your post is patronising, sarcastic or just plain rude

Regarding Dave_C's marginal cost argument - I do get that, and the same argument can be applied to other examples given here such as restaurants etc. However, why should the fixed costs involved be only shared amongst those who do pay for the service (or pay a CW fare that includes the service)? Especially when those fixed costs make up most of the cost. It seems unfair to me to have an expectation, entitlement even, to have something for free when it in effect free-loads on the back of other's expenditure.
This is exactly the thinking that's going on with the BA management team at the moment which is why it's so screwed up.

The reason you do this is because it's all about customer service. It's about delivering a great experience onboard the aircraft and turning your passengers into advocates that will come back again and again.

The total cost to BA for giving someone a Club Europe mug and hot water is in the pennies. If that person gets the warm and fuzzies, they're likely to spend more money by booking again, as opposed to being so grumpy they go to the competition.