FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - They Did It Again -- TSA desecrated His Mom's Ashes
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:01 am
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BSBD
This is absolutely unbelievable. You're saying:

1. There is no security whatsoever for checked luggage.
2. That unknown actors can freely access the bags, with no monitoring, after they are surrendered by the passenger.
3. That these unknown actors can impersonate TSA when they do this.
4. That TSA has no way of preventing this, or even knowing that it occurs for specific bags, so it's up to the passenger to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that it wasn't an unknown TSA impersonator who accessed the passenger's bag after it was surrendered to TSA.

I am writing my Congressional representative regarding this serious security failure, and will refer her office to this thread. I strongly suggest others do the same.
Originally Posted by petaluma1
Excellent suggestion. ^^
The one significant point that is missed is the fact that TSA's refusal to screen airport workers on any kind of regular basis creates an environment where TSA /airport employees can desecrate cremains or even place an explosive object in checked baggage and no one would ever be able to discover exactly who or when such act took place.

Passengers are prohibited from bringing in harmless water but airport workers, including a disgruntled TSA screener, could be bringing in any manner of contraband completely unknown to TSA.