FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Leaving luggage on a 22-hour layover between CDG and ORY
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:49 pm
Simon Schus

Originally Posted by sbm12
Pretty sure they're just self-service lockers. Put your stuff in and pay.
Merci - thank you, we might adopt this advice once we have considered all the various options! My concern re: the lockers was that it'd take a disproportionate length of time to collect, return - and that not all of our items would be eligible. I only thought that given I had read it on a review website, but hadn't seen it elsewhere. It seems I'll have to look around for details to confirm either way.

Originally Posted by sbm12
My thought was the Paris Visite 1-5 1-day ticket. It is 27 euro per person. You'd need to take a lot of rides other than to/from the airport for that to make sense. https://en.parisinfo.com/transport/107175/Paris-visite
Quite, it does seem a lot but I couldn't work out another option that was cheaper. Here were the alternative I worked out for getting from CDG-ORY via Central Paris for 6 or so hours.

Option 1:
CDG to Gare du Nord on the RER: €10,00
Mobilis Zones 1-4: €12,00
Antony+OrlyVal to ORY: €9,30
= €31,30

Option 2:
CDG to Gare du Nord on the RER: €10,00
Mobilis Zones 1-3: €9,70
Gare du Nord to ORY on the RER+OrlyVal: €12,05
= €31,75

Those options are, of course, assuming that the information on the RATP.fr website is correct insofar that the Mobilis Zones 1-4 and 1-5 cannot be used on the RER-B from CDG nor on the OrlyVal from Antony (instead, the Mobilis would only be useful on bus lines 183 and 285 ORY airport, and bus lines 350 and 351 to CDG, but they seem more difficult and time-consuming for our specific plans especially when considering we will be leaving luggage somewhere). Assuming that information is correct, then simply purchasing the Mobilis 1-4 (€12,00) or 1-5 (€17,30) won't be valid for our planned journey.

As such, does €26,00 for the day still seem a silly idea? I recognise we could knock out the Mobilis Zones 1-3 on Option 2 and just purchase individual tickets for each journey at €1.80 each. However, the €26,00 all-in could avoid such hassle at only a relatively negligible increase in cost (e.g. removing the 1-3 pass would only be €22,05, so adding only two journeys at €1,80 each would be €25,65), and having to queue to get the tickets (vs. the one can order the Paris Visite in advance, and have it delivered).

Of course, I may have completely misunderstood the options available to me - and the Paris transit system. In which case, I apologise. For example, I could possibly understand if there was an option to buy CDG-ORY via Paris Gare Du Nord without having to purchase two tickets.

Last edited by Simon Schus; Jul 20, 2017 at 2:12 pm