FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA American Express credit card
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:47 pm
UTFB

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
I was in a similar situation where I cancelled before they transferred across and also ran into issues as they didn't go across the next month. When you cancel they unlink your BAEC account from your Amex account and so the transfer fails. I think I was also told that they were 'rejected by BA' but that wasn't correct.

To resolve it my case was passed to the back office team to link the accounts again. The following month they did transfer across i.e. 2 months after I cancelled.

Lesson learnt: don't cancel until they are transferred across, it's just not worth the hassle to save a few quid on the annual fee.
Lesson definitely learnt - although the matter is still not resolved. We've now been told the points have been transferred back from BA (as they were rejected due to no active credit card) to my wifes Amex rewards account - however she cannot access this as she is no longer a cardholder (apart from being a supplementary cardholder on my new card).

Took it up with the live online chat and was told she was given wrong information and the points are forfeited when the card is cancelled!