FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury -- is it space, style, decor?
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:30 pm
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Wow... ¥6,000,000 coffee machine. Is it illy? Nepresso doesn't cost this much. That's incentive for me to try.

Like many others here, when I wake up, the first thing I look for is my coffee. Everything else is secondary. I become ultra-grumpy without my caffeine fix.
The ¥6,000,000 machine is the main kitchen's machine. Presumably a highly automatic, large capacity Italian made machine. I do not know what beans they use, but it is very good indeed.

If you stay, and you should, you can have your morning coffee delivered immediately after morning call. It will come precisely at the requested time, on the dot. This is Japan after all. Then, your breakfast can either come a bit later -and with more coffee - by room service, or you can go up to the restaurant.

Ritz-Carlton club level also does this well, coffee delivered at morning call with newspaper.

Btw, I am a fan of Illy, it's the brand I use at home. Consistently delicious. Julius Meinl is possibly even better though, as Vienna knows coffee very well too. I just haven't found a place to buy it locally.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Jul 19, 2017 at 10:35 pm