FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Somewhat scary one near Winnipeg" - The AC Master Incidents Thread
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:48 pm
expert7700

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
As much as I dislike cost cutting (rouge), I think almost any airline would be at a disadvantage when diversion back to origin followed by cancellation occurs.

what is the optimal # of staff when you normally need 5 employees? 5 more in case they end up going over hours? But what would 2 more to continuously block and reserve hotels just in case. And 5 more for if back to back flights or a rescue flight on an off-sceduled day of flying occurs.

My opinion is that passenger care/ground accomodation can be handled better by just one consolidated team (co-op), shared by all airlines. Airports could require each operator to contribute a share of normal expenses based on passengers carried each month, and also would be billed 100% of costs incurred for hotels/meals/etc when this "go team" covers for an event that the airline causes.

Sounds like Rouge managed to handle is still better than AC's mainline Tokyo cancellaton a year ago....rubber mats for the terminal, restaurants closed, gave just a hard dinner roll to each passenger.

Last edited by expert7700; Jul 17, 2017 at 5:54 pm