FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:56 pm
traveler18

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
I have stayed in this property a few times over the years. Mostly because I have been at either events or with people that had already booked here.
I truly dislike this property, mostly because I feel like they are always trying to up-sell (this for few extra HK dollars; this for another extra few HK Dollars) and do whatever they can to avoid honoring platinum upgrades. I have also been lied about the "view" more than once, when offered harbor view only to find out there is none and you need to balance the hassle on a short stay to go back down and argue with them some more.

Case in point two weeks ago. Arrived at the hotel at around 9 PM. "Sorry no upgrades". Checking the App not only every category was available, from rooms to the lowest suites, but the prices were lower than my reservations. They would upgrade me to towers for "440 HKD" after showing the front desk clerk all the availability, and attempting to dial Starwood Platinum line, the assistant manager suddenly found a suite with harbor view (no view it turned out to be).

I had booked a double room for 2 nights. One of the nights I added an extra room for meetings and an employee that stayed for breakfast. I could have easily added the employee to my room since it was a double rate, but because he stayed in the extra room they denied the breakfast benefit (2 breakfast total). Again, after discussion they relented.

An associate (also Platinum) that was staying there at the same time had an almost identical situation, and ranted about the property.

It is not that the hotel is that bad (but it is dated and is in need of refurbishment), but their Bazaar like check in experience is not pleasant (have experienced this more than once). I do have several forthcoming stays in HK and will avoid this property - no longer need the stays and there are many options in HK. If Starwood is preferred, the W is much nicer, until they finally open the St. Regis under construction in Central