FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - collecting missing miles on SAA for Aeroplan
Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:12 pm
canadianhockey91

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Chowtime
Good luck, I'm still waiting on my miles from SAA from January. Over 7000 miles too. I've heard they're really bad crediting miles and I'm starting to believe them.
Did you ever get credited?

I flew Feb 9th LHR-JNB, JNB-CPT, and Feb 21 WDH-JNB.
I requested mileage credit Feb 25th and then 2 weeks after Feb 21st. I then called in and then uploaded my proof of travel. Then I called in mid-March and was told they were waiting on SAA and it would take another 6-8 weeks after they received this.

At the same time my bud who was with me had his credited within a week. He was booked on an eticket from flightnetwork with 014 AC routing.

I was booked on united 016.

Long story short it's now July 14th, and they say June 20th it was sent higher up etc etc and I need to wait 10 weeks FURTHER. Now on hold for a supervisor.

This is an absolute disgrace. While it very likely is SAA's fault I have no idea why AP can't just credit me then chase those guys down. At the end of 10 weeks it'll have been 7 months since the date of my flights. Ridiculous, and I likely will get early 35k with those segs.

Any pros with any tips? Thanks!

Last edited by canadianhockey91; Jul 14, 2017 at 4:34 pm