FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NZ flight, no UA status card. Benfits?
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:52 am
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I just flew them LAX-LHR in PE. Wow! The space seat is fantastic and I had no one next to me so was able to use both seats to sleep (in a kidney shape). With the exception of no pre-departure beverage it was exactly like flying business with UA, except no lie flat bed.

My return LHR-LAX was in coach. I paid $50 extra to have 59A and it was an extremely comfortable seat. No one behind me and just one person next to me. You do not hear the lavatories even though they are behind you. It gets cold but the blanket is decent for keeping you warm. The armrest next to the window lifts up so extra space with the curvature of the plane as well. Also, if you want a snack during the flight you order on your screen - drinks and chips and cookies and there is no charge for alcohol.

NZ also has ONEUP where you can bid for an upgrade and only get charged if the bid is successful. Neither of my bids were successful and I was fine with that as it was my choice for how much it was worth to me.

I am flying with them again in PE to Australia in December and very happy with my first experience with them. However, it will not be the space saver seats but the replacement PE seats so not certain what these will be like (have read mixed reports).

I had lounge access in both LAX (*G lounge) and LHR. In LHR they recommend the SQ lounge and it was a great recommendation. All they needed to see was *G on my BP. I expect to use the Lounge in AKL in December through the same process.

Last edited by Aussienarelle; Jul 14, 2017 at 7:08 am