FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE]AZ: LHR/FRA/DUS/MUC/STR/TXL-NRT ~500 EUR in J
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:59 am
Dinger42

Originally Posted by plunet
Or another course of action is don't do anything. Don't acknowledge the email, click through to anything where the airline or agent can know that you have acknowledged. Then present your original eticket at check-in that clearly shows business and claim involuntary downgrade and throw toys out of the pram if necessary. That's assuming that the whole ticket isn't cancelled before then...
Yes we have flown LHR - CPT for £50 each rtn economy following Ethiopian business class error fare after being offered 75% off at the airport before departure. This is different though, Ethiopian did not cancel tickets but almost all opted out when told they could only fly eco, we held in there. Here Alitalia has already cancelled some outright so I don't suppose customer care or EU legalities count for much, certainly not prepared to risk it. However I will push for 75% off the inbound element of theticket fare now if I can. Which would make it £750 for two business out eco return.