Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]AZ: LHR/FRA/DUS/MUC/STR/TXL-NRT ~500 EUR in J

[PREM FARE GONE]AZ: LHR/FRA/DUS/MUC/STR/TXL-NRT ~500 EUR in J

Reply

Old Jul 13, 17, 7:12 am
  #181  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: LHR HKG
Programs: BA GOLD
Posts: 115
Originally Posted by Dinger42 View Post
Omega OTA. No explanation for change just stated "We would like to inform you that your airline has made a schedule change to your flight booked with us" followed by a revised Itinerary with the rtn business legs changed to HX and a new entry below it for the same flights as Economy (X).

We are in it as much for the holiday as the flights, so might be tempted to accept as 1200 for two J class one way is not bad and then look for a alternative business return deal with another carrier over the coming months. Or I could just say **** it and cancel!
Same OTA I used. So, I might need to check my email inbox a bit later. Any good fare for the return leg if your going to do a O/w? From what I can see, there are not a lot of good fares, ex-Asia. Unless you use miles/points to book it for the return. I personally think it's not really worth it without the return leg to be in J, not much a deal to begin with...
roy2016 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 17, 11:10 am
  #182  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LON
Programs: BAEC, Accor
Posts: 1,147
Or another course of action is don't do anything. Don't acknowledge the email, click through to anything where the airline or agent can know that you have acknowledged. Then present your original eticket at check-in that clearly shows business and claim involuntary downgrade and throw toys out of the pram if necessary. That's assuming that the whole ticket isn't cancelled before then...
plunet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 17, 11:48 am
  #183  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by plunet View Post
Or another course of action is don't do anything. Don't acknowledge the email, click through to anything where the airline or agent can know that you have acknowledged. Then present your original eticket at check-in that clearly shows business and claim involuntary downgrade and throw toys out of the pram if necessary. That's assuming that the whole ticket isn't cancelled before then...
Do you think this will change anything? Is there any eu law to use?
sokol2003 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 17, 11:59 am
  #184  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by plunet View Post
Or another course of action is don't do anything. Don't acknowledge the email, click through to anything where the airline or agent can know that you have acknowledged. Then present your original eticket at check-in that clearly shows business and claim involuntary downgrade and throw toys out of the pram if necessary. That's assuming that the whole ticket isn't cancelled before then...
Yes we have flown LHR - CPT for 50 each rtn economy following Ethiopian business class error fare after being offered 75% off at the airport before departure. This is different though, Ethiopian did not cancel tickets but almost all opted out when told they could only fly eco, we held in there. Here Alitalia has already cancelled some outright so I don't suppose customer care or EU legalities count for much, certainly not prepared to risk it. However I will push for 75% off the inbound element of theticket fare now if I can. Which would make it 750 for two business out eco return.
Dinger42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 17, 12:09 pm
  #185  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by Dinger42 View Post
Yes we have flown LHR - CPT for 50 each rtn economy following Ethiopian business class error fare after being offered 75% off at the airport before departure. This is different though, Ethiopian did not cancel tickets but almost all opted out when told they could only fly eco, we held in there. Here Alitalia has already cancelled some outright so I don't suppose customer care or EU legalities count for much, certainly not prepared to risk it. However I will push for 75% off the inbound element of theticket fare now if I can. Which would make it 750 for two business out eco return.
Well, I still have all my tickets confirmed, but I 've just been "involuntary downgraded"...In addition they have just changed my routing on my return- instead of Tokyo- Rome I have Tokyo- Milano now...
sokol2003 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 17, 12:15 pm
  #186  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 76
I got the outbound still in J and the return in Y now. No info from OTA yet. Very interesting how Alitalia handels this LOL
ottorockit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 17, 12:19 pm
  #187  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by ottorockit View Post
I got the outbound still in J and the return in Y now. No info from OTA yet. Very interesting how Alitalia handels this LOL
hmmmm... To be honest an option to show my original tickest all in J at the airport is very interesting and tempting...
sokol2003 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 17, 1:22 pm
  #188  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Between AMS and BRU
Posts: 8,800
You still need to keep in mind that AZ might stop operations in the next few months, or that any claim for a dowgrade on a bankrupt company might not get you anything.....

I would be hesitant to have a disputed booking with them if I wasn't flying soon
RTW1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 17, 1:25 pm
  #189  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Posts: 8,189
Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
You still need to keep in mind that AZ might stop operations in the next few months, or that any claim for a dowgrade on a bankrupt company might not get you anything.....


Booking an EF seems risky. Booking an EF with an airline on the brink of bankruptcy (again) is madness ... or classic FT behaviour (depending on one's opinion ).
WorldLux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 17, 3:46 pm
  #190  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by ottorockit View Post
I got the outbound still in J and the return in Y now. No info from OTA yet. Very interesting how Alitalia handels this LOL
That's pretty interesting.

I just got my all 4 segments rescheduled in Y.
By summing up, what do you guys think I should do? By reading previous posts many of suggested to ask for refund but...My outbound would be mid aug, so since that would be my vacation, I'm more keen on getting to Japan. But do you reckon is there anything I argue about to keep my flight in J? I mean...I bought this fare as i really wanted to travel in J, getting in Y is not the same. Any suggestions ?
gianlucamos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 17, 5:55 pm
  #191  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 24
One more question- if I am being downgraded now- can I refuse and demand a full refund right away(of course with cancelation of the whole reservation)???
sokol2003 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 17, 7:10 pm
  #192  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Posts: 23,560
Originally Posted by sokol2003 View Post
One more question- if I am being downgraded now- can I refuse and demand a full refund right away(of course with cancelation of the whole reservation)???
of course
cfischer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 17, 3:31 am
  #193  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 76
After my call to Alitalia now my outbound is also in Y, but no refund from them had to contact Omega (who is not contactable )

I just flagged them that they forgot to put me in eco on the outbound. Very nice customer support LOL

I guess to wait a few days and call the CC company for total refund.
ottorockit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 17, 4:55 am
  #194  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by ottorockit View Post
After my call to Alitalia now my outbound is also in Y, but no refund from them had to contact Omega (who is not contactable )

I just flagged them that they forgot to put me in eco on the outbound. Very nice customer support LOL

I guess to wait a few days and call the CC company for total refund.
Organised my refund with Omega this morning, I like you down classed from J to Y. Your best contact there is 'Sofia' on '[email protected], she sorted me out and is on the ball. Omega claim they had to fight with Alitalia for 8-10 days refund to card, the airline wanted 6-8 wks !! What .......s, the airline could be bust by then.
Dinger42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 17, 5:30 am
  #195  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Fairmont Platinum
Posts: 11,256
My last "good value" fare refund from Alitalia took 12 weeks.
onlysuites is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread