FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:04 pm
SeeBuyFly

Originally Posted by aacar
I set out to book two EY F awards, DTW-BOM via NYC.

After several calls to Australia/NZ, I was able to successfully put DTW-LGA and JFK-AUH on hold (for some reason, no one was able to put all three segments on the same ticket; whatever, I thought, I'll call again to add the last segment). EF showed 2F, 2J available on AUH-BOM.

No agent (tried US, Australia, NZ multiple times) was able to see availability in F or J on AUH-BOM when trying to add it to the ticket. They were able to see the correct inventory when attempting to book AUH-BOM as a separate ticket...
The way EY sets it up, availability on JFK-AUH and AUH-BOM does not necessarily mean availability on JFK-BOM. This is described in the wiki.

Did you search on EY's web page before booking and see availability for JFK-BOM? If so, you should ask for JFK-BOM rather than the segments individually. You can add the AA segments later, that isn't an issue.

EY also does some weird stuff to prevent changes being made to an existing booking, even when it allows a new booking for the route you're changing to. Damned if I know why or how they do that.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Jul 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm