FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To the non-rev in row 4.....
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:17 pm
FlyingNone

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
Report it. Inexcusable.

You're one of the good ones. You know, with common sense. We have a lot of newer employees hired in the past couple years. Granted we don't know if they were junior, but that doesn't matter. I try my best to avoid being identified as an employee at all times while nonrevin.
----
Totally agree. I find people are less interested now in seat mate conversation but years ago, if asked what my occupation was, I would tell them I was an auditor for the IRS = immediate change of subject ! I'm long past the "new hire/younger, excited employee" stage. Many years ago when I was a new hire, I was a little too enthusiastic about it on a flight and was called out by another employee who heard me - I was soooooo embarrassed and never "bragged" again. I had a friend who was also "creative" but she would just say she was an attorney. Unfortunately this didn't work when she sat next to another lawyer one day and had to find a clever way to get out of it along the lines of "never talking business while on vacation".
I can always tell who non-revs are (besides the obvious hanging at the gate until the last minute). Unfortunately, it's usually a loud, obnoxious behavior coupled with "borderline" dress code - excluding, of course, the more senior people who know better. NOBODY is traveling on my passes if I have even a thought that they will act up or are unable to even fake some sort of quiet and modest demeanor.

Last edited by FlyingNone; Jul 10, 2017 at 10:32 pm