FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To the non-rev in row 4.....
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:39 pm
TheLifeOfA_NKCM

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by FlyingNone
------

I assume you don't work for United. United did have that rule a few years ago (employees must travel with buddies internationally) but relaxed it by requiring a sort of extreme vetting ahead of time, nothing that allows for adding a "buddy" at the last minute.
Not that my friends or relatives are rowdy but this is the exact reason I DO NOT SHARE ANY BUDDY PASSES. Frankly, I wish UAL would go back to it's original non-rev rules - Immediate family (spouse, children up to age 21, parents). Period.
Eh, I still appreciate DL's policy. Kids upto 26 or when they graduate college -which ever comes first and spouse. As far as the buddies go, 90% of the time we're with them and the price difference vs an E-fare generally isnt that much so no one really bothers anymore. Generally this helps majorly with keeping people in tact. I think this one dependant is a fluke and needs help. By now I'm sure he knows that busting the exit door wouldnt do anything, something probably is genuinely wrong with him. Seriously though, why are the idiots always from Florida?