FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Tier Suite Upgrades]
Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:12 am
OsakaWino

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
2 questions on TSUs

1. I want to apply 2 TSUs for a 13-night stay at a hotel that is scheduled to open in Sep. I assume that they will start accepting reservations before the actual opening but of course it will not yet be possible to apply the TSUs. I'm considering making a double reservation, one for a standard room and one for a standard suite in an attempt to block a suite for use of the TSU. Is this likely to increase likelihood that the suite will be available for TSUs?

2. One of the above TSUs has already been applied to another reservation and would be moved. It is a peak period at this other property and although they are still showing availability for the base room on which I applied the TSU, I'm always wondered what happens when you cancel a TSU but keep the original reservation when the room booked on the original reservation is no longer available. I assume the will honor the original reservation, but has anyone ever had experience doing this?