FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To the non-rev in row 4.....
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:58 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Please do. Even on other airlines this makes us look like fools. They're is a set of decorum that nonrev passengers should try to stay in line with. Whether or not they're actually travelling as a conf. or NRSA and as an employee it is their job to properly represent the airline regardless of the circumstance. This being no acception. No one is above the law, especially us.

Also, you can easily tell, look at the name on the BP and then up at the screens overhead or by seeing in all caps NRSA at the tops of our BPs (it'll be clearly visible even on our seat assignments). This still doesn't matter though anyways as this person's behaviour was far from acceptable.
I love your attitude. I wish there were more like you who understand that all employees (especially when in uniform, even if not on duty) represent their organization. [When uniformed crew push in front of me at an airport, I always note their airline. I do the same when I notice them talking loudly and inappropriately, especially swearing where children might be present.]

OT, but the DL rule about no buddies in FC/J without the sponsoring employee being present would not apply to nonrevs traveling on dependent passes, only to official buddy pass riders? One would think that someone who grew up in an airline family would understand the rules and their importance, although maybe there isn't an explicit nonrev policy prohibiting drug use within X hours of flying. Sad.