FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sir, Don't Roll Your Eyes at Me - LHR-CPT
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:34 am
snaxmuppet

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Orange.Man
Wrongggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ggg.

The FA is a Human Being
The FA has feelings
The FA doesn't come to work to be abused*
The FA doesn't want to go home and not want to come back to work because of passengers
The FA can quite easily have you kicked off the flight

Unless you're speaking to an automated service, don't be a dick. Consider what you're saying to Flight Attendants, especially if you don't bother watching the safety video, they are there to save your life in an emergency. They are not there for you to belittle, be rude to, shout at or because you've had a bad day and want to take it out on someone.

* - Not saying the OP abused the CSM.
I don't think that the FA should accept being abused but at the same time I do think they should behave in a professional manner and be trained sufficiently to be able to cope with difficult or abusing passengers in a professional way. Yes they are human and so will have bad days, as do we all, but in general I would say that the behaviour described by the OP was unacceptable and if it were me I would be complaining to BA in the strongest possible way... passengers have paid for a service and should expect to get it... strike or no strike.