FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Airlines apologizes after giving away toddler's seat
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:00 pm
denuaflier

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
Here we go again blaming the victim. United needs to retrain their staff and emphasis the fact that they are in service business (whether they like it or not) and they need to stop blaming their customers.

I seriously think it is time to #LiquidateUnited

These people have no business staying in business.

Originally Posted by Allan38103
Some opportunistic FT reader is probably thinking right now, "How can I get a free $1000 ticket like this lady did", or "How else can I game the system?"

Would you sit with a two-year old on you lap for $1000? A lot of passengers do that. There's even a name - lap children.

You will need to have a legitimate Boarding Pass to start with, but figure a way to get on the plane without scanning it. Then, when the computer gives away your seat to a standby, you can object, complain, threaten, or do whatever works depending on the situation.

Just for the sake of being cynical, how do we know that the mother even scanned her child's BP?